My Must Watch List of Christmas Movies
With the exception of number one ( which is one of my favorite movies of all time, Christmas or not), these are in random order.
1. White Christmas
2. Little Women ( Winona Ryder version is my favorite and the one I own, but I also like the one with Katharine Hepburn)
3. Muppet Christmas Carol
4. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (“Lots of sap here!”)
5. Love Actually
6. It’s A Wonderful Life
7. Miracle on 34th Street ( the original with Natalie Wood and Maureen O’Hara, though the newer version with Dylan McDermott doesn’t completely suck)
8. Christmas Story ( but only when watched on the marathon on Christmas Eve to Christmas Day)
9. Charlie Brown Christmas
10. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer ( clay mation version of course!)
What are some of yours?
Love the list!
Some of my favorites are… The Holiday (!), home alone, Elf, The family Stone, …
Oh I love The Holiday!
I just watched White Christmas for the first time a few days ago. The line about finding Democrats in Vermont cracked me up.
Little Women = YES. The 1995 Winona Ryder version is my heart version too. My first museum job was Orchard House, the Alcott home, and I lived and breathed LW for 4 years and still never got tired of that movie.
Muppet Christmas Carol is my all-time favorite Christmas movie, but can’t be watched until a few days beforehand. Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck is a favorite, too.
I just added Christmas in Connecticut to my Netflix queue- I’m not sure how I haven’t seen that yet!