6 months in and I think I’m doing pretty darn good!
1. Pay off credit card, student loan dent, etc.: Sloooowly working on it.
2. Build my relationship/sense of family with my man and his son: 5 year olds are so much fun. We play tag, we feed ducks, we watch Disney movies. My heart is so so happy.
3. Cultivate my green thumb: I’m trying hard! See post on my gardening efforts. Currently we have a bunch of little tomatoes coming up, lots of flowers, but still no peppers, zucchini or cucumbers. I know it’s early, but I’m worried I started the veggies too late too. We shall see. At least I know I tried!
4. Plans with friends more frequently: Not so great at this one.
5. Challenge myself in the kitchen with recipes, new foods, etc.: Was doing well for a bit, especially over the winter months. Now that summer and fresh veggies are abundant, I have a few summer salads and grill marinades I’m anxious to try. I’m determined to try making risotto and bread before the end of the year, so the fall will probably be busy with cooking adventures!
6. More yoga, painting, writing, and reading: In April I started a yoga class offered once a week by my town recreation department, AND IT TOTALLY ROCKS. Safe to say, I’ve been bitten by the yoga bug and I cannot imagine not having it in my life now. Even Q says he sees a difference in my moods/attitude! As far as the other things, I’m doing awesome with reading, and less awesome with writing and painting ( as in other than the blog, haven’t written and painting supplies are currently buried deep in the closet).
7. More day trips and exploring local spots: Now that summer is upon us, we’re ready to go find new places to visit!
8. Hiking: Through the spring, Q and I found a few local spots for quick day hikes, but now that mosquitos are out, we will be doing a lot less of this. I get a really bad reaction to bites ( summer 2012 I was bitten so badly on my legs and feet I could barely walk and was on Prednisone for 3 weeks). We’re planning to do a small mountain in the fall.
9. House ( office, garage, basement): My office was the second bedroom of my 2 bedroom house, which is now the bedroom for Q’s son. My desk is still in there and my little reading nook, but I’m in the process of getting rid of stuff on the desktop computer for more desk space. I’m very happy to give the room over to the cutest 5 year old little boy ever. The basement also has become a bit of his play space, as well as is set up with various exercise implements for Q & I. The place needs some cleaning/organizing and stuff on the walls, but we’re using it way more than we did a year ago, so that makes me happy. The garage is somewhat more organized, but is in desperate need of a new roof and ripping out of old, moldy paneling. I think this is probably going to happen more towards the fall now.
10. Take a vacation- Time off requested and Cape Breton, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island are just under 2 months away. Very much looking forward to seeing my Canadian family with my Mom. Just hoping Q is going to be able to join us!