* It’s Friday and raining here, though for the first time since CHRISTMAS, it’s over 55 degrees. I know it’s boring to talk about the weather, but it’s been such a weird, wacky, and long winter here in my neck of the woods, that it’s hard NOT to talk about it.
* I haven’t been very good about posting some of my favorite internet finds, mostly because I’m trying to get in the habit of reading things right away instead of letting them linger in the blog reader for months. As a lover of fashion history, this article about the old animated Disney Cinderella movie and the influence of Christian Dior’s post-World War II fashion was quite interesting. I have not yet seen the new live-action Cinderella, but it’s on my radar.
* With my love of women’s history ( or herstory!), I found these tidbits about presidential marriages quite interesting. I’ve read a bit about Edith Wilson before, but didn’t know much about the other wives. First Ladies fascinate me because of their roles as both wife, diplomat, entertainer, and so on.
* Recent movie watching: Interstellar ( interesting but way too long, though didn’t have half a clue what they were talking about– not surprising since I almost failed high school physics), Birdman( can see why so many nominations, but was a bit confused sometimes too), Foxcatcher ( also way too long, but fascinating, yet creepy). This weekend will be some kid movie watching with Little Man, but also The Imitation Game.
* Easter weekend will be low key, likely with decorating Easter eggs with Little Man, maybe a little egg hunt if the weather cooperates, and family dinner on Sunday. Hoping to maybe get out into the yard and see what kind of mess awaits us when we get around to spring cleanup.
Enjoy the weekend and have a great Easter!