5 on Friday: Checking in!
- Is this thing on? I’m still here. I think- quite often actually- about blogging and have more ideas of things to write than ever before, but somehow the getting down to writing things beyond quick notes eludes me. Alas, that’s the season of life I’m in with a tiny human, a relationship, family, and a job.
- Motherhood is amazing, tiring, frustrating, fun, boring, and a million other adjectives, but truly, this little boy is one of the greatest joys. It’s also amazing to me how much I can get done in a quick half hour period of time while he naps. I can do some laundry, wash dishes/bottles, quickly clean something, etc. Pre-baby I could waste 30 minutes in the silliest ways, but now it’s all about maximizing the free time!
- Quick list of things I’m enjoying lately: Podcast- Dolly Parton’s America; the last season of The Man in the High Castle; The Good Place (sad to see it go), and reading fluffy fiction. Also looking forward to the newest season of The Crown ( have watched 1.5 episodes so far) and Marvelous Mrs. Maisel in a few weeks.
- Work has been pretty busy the past few weeks and will be for the next few, but I’m so thankful to have the flexibility to work from home some days and be able to use PTO on others to take Gray to doctor’s appointments and be home with him. He’s growing and changing so fast and I’m savoring (my word for 2019) every moment.
- We’re celebrating Thanksgiving twice this year– this weekend with my brother and sister-in-law who are coming down from Vermont, and then on actual Thanksgiving with Q’s family. Looking forward to both, but a bit weary about the smell of turkey since last year I was pretty sick when pregnant and didn’t love the smell of turkey then!
Wishing you and yours a lovely Thanksgiving!
Always happy to see an update from you. I am glad things are going well. Have a lovely Thanksgiving.