November in Review, December Preview
The two things I’m most proud of from November:
- Speaking my mind at a work all staff meeting about something I felt was important
- Giving myself time to relax and do nothing on a few weekends and vacation
- And a third! Working with a career coach to evaluate what my next steps might be
The two things I’m most grateful for from November:
- Supportive work colleagues that make the day better even when things aren’t going great
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from November: I am not my job ( I feel like I have to remind myself of this a lot).
My intention for December: Enjoyment.
One thing I aim to do everyday in December is: thank people in my life for what they mean to me- everyone from thanking the mailman who brings a ridiculous amount of packages to our door to online friends who bring bits of joy to life.
Because I am brave, here are 2 new things I will do in December:
- Informational interviews for people who have jobs/careers that I find interesting to learn more
- It’ll happen at the end of December, but one of my closest friends, who I happen to work with, is leaving at the end of the month to undertake a new career. I feel like it’s going to take a lot of bravery for me to not breakdown when this happens, as she’s a bright spot in an often gloomy day. January is going to have a lot of adjusting for me.
The one book I definitely want to read in December is: Harry Potter #5
Something I want to experiment with in December is: Can I get up in time and dressed to get to church on Sunday mornings?
Just for fun, I will: watch as many Christmas movies as I want, even the cheesy Hallmark ones!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will: Donate food, toys, and toiletries to the various drives going on this month.