November in Review, December Preview
The two things I’m most proud of from November:
- Speaking my mind at a work all staff meeting about something I felt was important
- Giving myself time to relax and do nothing on a few weekends and vacation
- And a third! Working with a career coach to evaluate what my next steps might be
The two things I’m most grateful for from November:
- Supportive work colleagues that make the day better even when things aren’t going great
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from November: I am not my job ( I feel like I have to remind myself of this a lot).
My intention for December: Enjoyment.
One thing I aim to do everyday in December is: thank people in my life for what they mean to me- everyone from thanking the mailman who brings a ridiculous amount of packages to our door to online friends who bring bits of joy to life.
Because I am brave, here are 2 new things I will do in December:
- Informational interviews for people who have jobs/careers that I find interesting to learn more
- It’ll happen at the end of December, but one of my closest friends, who I happen to work with, is leaving at the end of the month to undertake a new career. I feel like it’s going to take a lot of bravery for me to not breakdown when this happens, as she’s a bright spot in an often gloomy day. January is going to have a lot of adjusting for me.
The one book I definitely want to read in December is: Harry Potter #5
Something I want to experiment with in December is: Can I get up in time and dressed to get to church on Sunday mornings?
Just for fun, I will: watch as many Christmas movies as I want, even the cheesy Hallmark ones!
As an act of intentional kindness, I will: Donate food, toys, and toiletries to the various drives going on this month.
Good for you for speaking up at work! That is a hard thing to do. I am sorry your friend is leaving your work. I can imagine that must be hard, but might help you to also take steps to move on from your current job!
You can be sure I’ll be watching the cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies too!