July in Review, August Preview
Bringing this back from last year….
The two things I’m most proud of from July:
- Making it a priority to completely be with family on weekends and not checking work emails
- Surviving my day job ( there are some days it is a struggle).
The two things I’m most grateful for from July:
- 4 day mini staycation on 4th of July weekend
- Fresh, local produce in abundance- it took a little longer than usual this year because of all the rain we had through June, but we’re definitely reaping the rewards now!
The lesson I learned and am carrying forward with me from July: I am more than my job.
My intention for August: All about me/us– what do we want for the future and how can we get there?
One thing I aim to do everyday in August is: practice gratitude, meditate, and ask myself “what did I do today that was worth my time?”
Because I am brave, here are 2 new things I will do in August:
- Try a different type of yoga at new studio
- Send out 2 short stories for review
The one book I definitely want to read in August is: The third Harry Potter book!
Something I want to experiment with in August is: My work night routine. More often than not, I come home feeling mentally/emotionally exhausted and end up a blob on the couch, sometimes not even reading, but passively on social media, watching garbage on TV. It’s a really bad habit that doesn’t help me feel better.
Just for fun, I will: go to Martha’s Vineyard– I haven’t been since I was a teenager.
As an act of intentional kindness, I will: make some treats for coworkers who are in a similar job hole as I am- solidarity and food!