5 on Friday: Life Update
- My noticeable absence lately is a sure sign that even though things slowed down at my day job, life has continued to flurry about. I’m behind on about 75% of things-everything from cleaning, laundry, and other adulting bits. Some of it is burnout, some of it is stress, some of it is the feeling that changes are happening/coming, and I’m turning inward to try to make sense of it all. Vague on purpose, but more to come.
- Instead of dealing with some of the aforementioned issues, my mode of operation is avoidance and then pushing interest ( or obsession?) to other things. So instead of figuring out what the heck is going on with life, I’m obsessing about dinner lately. Meal planning has been occupying my mind, especially as I try to eat more vegetables and cut out more meat. The problem is my carnivore of a partner with an appetite like a lumberjack, so I’m trying to find ways to make enough food for him and healthy options for me without feeling like I’m running a restaurant every night of the week.
- Very much looking forward to Game of Thrones this weekend. We spent the week catching up on last season. I never would have thought I would like this show. Still don’t think I’ll get around to reading the books though.
- Speaking of TV, are you watching The Americans? We only got into the show in the past month or so when we got Amazon Prime and watched all the previous seasons, just in time for the current one that started in March. I think it’s one of the best on TV and this week’s episode was stellar.
- Weekend plans include some yard work, decluttering and dropping off, and other chores I have been avoiding, as well as some family time before my mother is off to Italy ( very proud of her for taking this group tour).
Happy Friday! Enjoy the weekend!