5 on Friday (#8)
1. I have had so much going on with work in the past few weeks, I feel like I haven’t had the head space for much else, hence the lack of blog posts. I had up for a few hours the other day that I was going to take a blog break for this month, then decided against it, but with more busy times ahead, that sort of may still happen, but I’m trying to learn to handle it all, so who knows. The jumbled nature of all those sentences might be an indication to the frazzled state of my brain.
2. This frazzled brain is very excited for my three-day weekend. I work at a non-profit organization in Rhode Island and that state is the only one left in the United States that still celebrates Victory Day. What’s that? It’s the now politically correct name for Victory over Japan Day from World War II. It makes very little sense why it’s still celebrated here, but I guess every state has its random state holiday day off, and I’m very thankful ( and very in need) of this one.
3. There is much excitement on the horizon- this 3 day weekend, my upcoming road trip with my mother, Q’s son starting kindergarten, big changes at work, and some professional development stuff for myself that I can’t wait to talk about ( but have to wait on for right now, but it’s exciting).
4. The weather has been sort of great this summer- no super humid, hotness that makes you feel gross just breathing, for which I’m thankful because I become a sweaty, cranky mess ( or beast) on those days. I haven’t made it to the beach yet ( a crime for where I work and live), but I’m hoping to rectify that on my day off Monday ( maybe). It was actually pretty cool here this morning, something like 59 degrees, which seems odd for August, but I kind of love it.
5. Q & I have a odd love of the show Wipeout. How’s that for a random Friday fact?