Five on Friday
1. I have never needed a 3day weekend as much as I’ve needed this one. Even though last weekend was the blizzard and I didn’t go anywhere, I didn’t get much done around the house or spend as much time reading as I would have liked. I think I was far too preoccupied with worrying about the house & shoveling to really relax.
2. The Oscars are next weekend and I’ve fallen way short of my goal to watch as many of the movies nominated for various things as I could. I am going to catch a matinee of Silver Linings Playbook this weekend, but it’s safe to say that other than the 3 I saw (Beasts of Southern Wild, Lincoln, and Les Mis), I’ll be waiting for the rest on DVD. Argo is still playing at a movie theater near where I work, so I might treat myself a night after work next week, but honestly, it probably won’t happen.
3. Currently reading: The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty- so far, I’m enjoying it. Writing isn’t out of this world, but I’m liking the characters and as historical fiction, it has a lot of little cultural and historical tidbits in there that I enjoy.
4. I’ve been on a huge soup kick lately- my freezer looks like I’m stockpiling for some massive apocalyptic event ( which shows how little I know about end of world planning because freezing does me no good if some great event brings about no electricity). This week’s winners were a delicious Thai sweet potato and also cauliflower & cheese soup.
5. Lent began this week. I was raised Catholic and went through all my sacraments, was a frequent churchgoer with my ex husband and through our marriage, but then I stopped. I haven’t been to church in quite some time- probably since 2010- but I have always considered myself a spiritual person and pray often. I didn’t give up anything for Lent, but in my changes and actions lately, thinking about my relationship with organized religion has been a frequent journaling topic for me. I’m still not sure how I define myself, but I’m working towards an understanding for myself and how religion plays out in my life.
5.5. Sort of a PS– my 100th blog post is coming up soon and if I’ve done this right, it will coincide with my 30th birthday so I’m planning a celebratory giveaway! Details to come in the first week of March!
Hope everyone has a great weekend, especially if you have a holiday on Monday too!