Things I’ve Learned- Take 1
- Never go to the supermarket hungry and right after work. It never goes well for me and always ends in frustration and impatience.
- Planning what to wear the night before during the work week is always the best option because in morning at 6AM, nothing seems to go together or look right.
- I’m not 22 and anything more than two alcoholic beverages in quick succession will make me feel gross the next morning.
- Trying to function on less than seven hours of sleep does not make me a nice person to work with or be around.
- 8 hours of computer time during the work day is plenty
- Always eat breakfast
- Being self deprecating about something serious is never quite as funny to other people as it is to you
- Bring a cardigan/blazer/jacket everywhere
- Writing down my worries/fears/frustrations is always better than letting them simmer in my brain and result in an irrational breakdown
- Similarly, going for a walk/jog when feeling worried/stressed/frustrated is always a better idea than sitting on the couch watching mindless television
- Getting rid of cable is freeing for so much more than just the budget
- Nothing ever tastes as good as your mother’s spaghetti sauce
- Cookie dough is not a fulfilling dinner
- Unless you want to pick up trash all over the place in the morning, wait to put it out on the curb to the morning of trash pickup. Or, buy a barrel. ( OK this lesson took me a few times to learn- gross. )
- Being cynical is a survival skill and NOT a way of life.
- Bookstores, libraries, and art museums are my happy places to be solo.
- Peanut M&Ms are essential for plane rides.