30 x 30 Update
10 months to go and still a lot to do on this list!
1. Go to the opera
2. Visit Holland, see the tulips, cheese market, & Anne Frank House: This is my 30th birthday present! My mother (who is Dutch) and I are going in April or May 2013 to do this- she has not been back to the Netherlands since she was a teenager & I have wanted to go since I was a child.
3. Dog sledding
4. Hot air balloon ride (almost came to fruition this year but I procrastinated & then the Groupon deal was gone!)
5. Spa weekend with my girlfriends
6. Buy a piece of original artwork
Own my own home
Live alone (though not how I had originally planned or thought it would happen)
Professional cooking class Indian cooking class with my great friend Liz was my 29th birthday present to myself
10. Get rid of credit card debt
11. Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity
Mow my own lawn: Completed last weekend though with my horrible allergies, I was only able to do half- thanks to my father for getting it done for me!
Have a garden & grow my own vegetables– Thanks to my Dad who built the garden and bought me the plants- I’m growing tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, and basil. So far things are green and have buds, so I’m hopeful!
Speak at a national conference (1st time accomplished in 2008, will be doing again in April 2012)
15. Go salsa dancing
16. Learn ballroom dancing
17. Compete in Scrabble competition
18. Cook major holiday meal for my family
19. Change a tire and/or oil
20. Do a Polar Bear Plunge
Run a 5K (I did one in August 2010 but I want to attack again!)
22. Do my family history/genealogy
23. Road trip across the United States
24. Adopt a rescue dog
25. Make something creative that people might be interested in purchasing
26. Take a painting class
27. Go to the Brimfield Antiques Fair
Have my own blog
29. Volunteer at soup kitchen on Thanksgiving or Christmas
30. Digitize all of the family 8mms, videos, and photographs